Margaritas go great with tacos just as surely as weekend afternoons go with smoked butts. For your Cinco de Mayo celebration this year, we recommend serving up some delicious skirt steak tacos with our twist on the classic margarita.
Blood Orange Wicked Margarita
Makes 1 cocktail
- Wicked Winona Rim
- 2 tbsp Wicked Winona spice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 ounces blanco (silver) tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau (or other orange liqueur)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed blood orange juice (or orange or tangerine juice)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Limes, for moistening glass and garnish
Prepare the Wicked Winona Rim by combining the spice, sugar and salt and place it on a small plate. Combine the tequila, Cointreau, and lime and blood orange juices in a cocktail shaker. Add a scoop of ice, and shake vigorously, as though your party depends on it (because let’s face it, it does).
Moisten the rim of a highball glass with a wedge of lime and dip the rim into the Wicked Winona mixture to coat. Carefully fill the glass with fresh ice and strain the margarita into the glass. Garnish with a wheel of lime.
Wicked Winona, along with our other spices, is available for purchase at Walmart stores. Use our Retail Locator to find it in the store nearest you.